Standard Design Under Floor Heating (UF) Heat Exchangers
AEL Standard design Plate Heat Exchangers can be used as a safe system break from the boiler to provide the required Primary hot water at a safe temperature of 55 oC to an Underfloor Heating system manifold.
To control the water temperature of a typical underfloor heating system properly it is important that the manufacturers’ recommendations are referred to but as a guide, the hot water within the underfloor heating coil would normally be designed to operate at a maximum temperature of 55˚C for a screed floor and possibly higher for a suspended floor or timber joisted floor.
Regardless of whether a controlled low temperature system break is used or not as a back up to avoid heat damage to the screed and the underfloor heating pipe the underfloor heating manifold must have the necessary temperature safety control equipment installed to ensure that a faulty valve or thermostat on the manifold will not allow excessively high temperature (82 ˚C) Primary water to enter the system coil directly from a boiler.
The cost of installing the correct temperature control in the first place is far cheaper than repairing the damage of the underfloor heating pipe and the floor covering as well as invalidating the manufacturer’s guarantee.
Excessive temperature fluctuations can occur within the controls of any reputable boiler or primary water heat source equipment. Despite the use of high quality components and controls on primary underfloor heating equipment they do need to be checked regularly by professional engineers as most problems tend to occur when the settings of the primary heat source have been altered or played with by unqualified people.
Using an operating working temperature limit of 55˚C and a maximum safety high limit cut off of 60˚C as required by European standards provides an industry safety temperature point standard which can be highlighted and damage avoided whether using an electric or water underfloor heating system.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.