Plate Heat Exchangers
There really is no longer any need for engineers to wait days to receive a quotation for Heat Exchangers whether it is for budget purposes or for an urgent replacement unit.
Most Heat Exchanger designs for Central Heating, Domestic Hot Water and Swimming Pools tend to be the same or very similar 90% of the time so with this in mind AEL have provided all the cost prices and technical information required for each application from 30KW up to 1000KW as a standard design so that they can be viewed and purchased online. AEL have also provided a facility to enquire about bespoke designs or ask any technical questions specific to your installation.
Plate Heat Exchangers have been used to heat and cool many types of fluids in the UK for over 80 years and they all operate the same way in principle whether assembled as a Plate and Gasket unit, Brazed or supplied as a Shell and Tube unit. In practice all three types of heat exchanger transfers energy from a hot or cold fluid and ensures that they do not mix by creating two completely independent separate heating or cooling circuits.
Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers are built with high quality usually EPDM or Nitrile gaskets which are designed to seal a bank of stainless steel plates together. Plates can easily be removed for cleaning, more plates added to increase output or the plate pack can be quickly replaced with a new bank of plates within the existing frame reducing high maintenance costs.
Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers are commonly used in low demand heating and DHW systems or industrial and refrigeration applications. The stainless steel (or Nickel) plate and copper brazing construction means that they resistant to corrosion and a sealed unit so it is not possible to expand capacity but they can be cleaned by flushing through with a cleaning agent as part of a maintenance programme and can be easily replaced if a union or flanged connection are fitted to each of the four ports.
Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers are designed for use with high volume / low pressure loss systems such as swimming pools because they are resistant to Fluorine and Chlorine used in the swimming pool water internally as well as externally in a corrosive atmosphere. The shell and tube heat exchangers are a sealed unit so it is not possible to expand capacity but they can be cleaned by flushing through with a cleaning agent as part of a maintenance programme and can be easily replaced if union or flanged connection are fitted to each of the four ports.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.