Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
Trench Heating - EN 16430
Until now there has been no uniform standard for determining the performance of Trench Heating.
The EN 16430 standard was validated during March 2015 and provides common standards of manufacture and performance which were applied with immediate effect. New EN standard for trench heating/cooling trenches under real-life conditions and puts an end to uncertainties in the design and output when comparing the performance data of different manufacturers.
EN 16430 comprises of three parts.
Part 1. Technical specification and requirements
Part 2. Test method and rating for thermal output
Part 3. Test method and rating for cooling capacity
Part of the EN 16430 test procedure monitors the ambient room air temperature which is measured in the centre of a test booth at a distance of 2m from the façade at a height of 0.75 m above FFL. For an accurate reading the test room is designed so the ambient air temperature is measured and not be mixed up with the entering air temperature into the coil which may be variable due to the inevitable dilution between leaving air and entering air.
The EN 16430 test not only covers heating and cooling performance but also covers, Pressure, Noise and Electrical & Maintenance safety.
A full copy of the EN 16430 testing procedure can be purchased from the BSI http://shop.bsigroup.com
Typical Trench Heater