Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
WHAT IS A TOWEL RADIATOR
A heated towel radiator AKA as a bathroom radiator is a feature designed to heat towels before using them, the concept was originally used for many years in European hotels having been using them as combined towel- dryers/racks.
Bathroom radiators or Towel radiators can be made from different metals such as steel, stainless steel, or aluminum but many years ago brass or copper was commonly used because of their thermal efficiency but this trend changed due to the cost of materials. The most common finish of a towel radiator would be by chrome plating, polished steel or in a painted RAL colour.
Towel radiators can be heated electrically ( hardwired into the wall ) or by circulating hot water (connected to the central heating). Often a combination of the methods is used. In these cases the bathroom radiator is heated by hot water in winter time and by electricity in the summer. A towel radiator with high output can also be used to heat a small bathroom on its own and not just the towels.
Bathroom radiators come in a variety of designs such as: ladder types, racks, wall mounted, floor mounted etc and can also be used in kitchens.