Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
Plate Heat Exchanger Sizing Calculator
Before using a Plate Heat Exchanger sizing calculator the principle that heat will always leave the warmer fluid and that heat energy will be transferred to the colder fluid must be understood.
With a plate type heat exchanger, the heat will instantaneously pass through the plates that separates the hot and cold fluid heating up the colder fluid.
Heat will always be transferred from a hot medium to a cold medium and there must always be a temperature difference between the fluids. The heat lost by the hot fluid will be equal to the amount of heat gained by the cold fluid except for standing thermal losses that are usually minimal.
AEL have already standardised a large selection of Heat Exchanger duties LINK .
- Domestic Hot Water (DHW) Plate Heat Exchanger sizing calculator.
- Central Heating System Break Plate Heat Exchanger sizing calculator.
- Swimming Pool Plate Heat Exchanger sizing calculator.
- Underfloor Heating Plate Heat Exchanger sizing calculator. .
- Wall Mounted Substations Plate Heat Exchanger sizing calculator. .
HOW TO USE THE AEL PLATE HEAT EXCHANGER SIZING CALCULATOR
- All that you need to do is to click on this LINK and “go to the filter index” on the left hand side of the page and select the type of installation you are working on.
- Once you have selected the type of installation you are working on you then “choose the type of Heat Exchanger” you would prefer to use.
- When you have selected your preferred type of heat Exchanger you then only need to “type in the KW power” available or required.
- When the KW power required has been selected the page will automatically refresh and re calculate the technical duty information and price on the page for you to use for your specification or to purchase.
NOTE: Altering the KW required will change the duties for each type of installation shown in the filter apart from the “Swimming Pool” heat exchangers where the pool volume is changed instead of the KW.
Contact AEL If you have a technical question firstname.lastname@example.org