Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
MIXING VALVE CALCULATOR – REDUCING DHW TEMPERATURE FROM 60 oC to 40 oC FOR SHOWERS AND BASINS
The designs shown below take into account a DHW flow temperature of 60 oC from a Plate Heat Exchanger blended through a mixing valve with mains cold water at 10 oC to arrive at a blended or mixed temperature of 40 oC at the outlet of a shower or tap.
The temperature on each DHW circuit outlet can be adjusted at the mixing valve by altering the percentage of hot and cold water mixed to suit whatever is required at each appliance on site.
Each AEL domestic hot water Plate Heat Exchanger whether it is an AELTHERM Packaged unit LINK , Brazed Plate or Plate and Gasket type heat exchanger each can be made to suit the temperature you require but most DHW systems are designed to supply water at 60 oC to avoid the growth of legionella LINK .
The designs shown below are based on a flow rate of 60% of DHW from a Packaged Plate Heat Exchanger at 60 oC being mixed with 40% of mains cold water at 10 Oc giving an outlet temperature of 40 oC.
AELTHERM MODEL DHW FLOW RATE @60 Oc MAINS COLD WATER FLOW RATE @ 10 Oc. MIXED OUTLET FLOW AT 40 oC
DHW020510 - 25.2KW 0.12 L/S 0.08 L/S 0.20 L/S
DHW025510 - 31.5 KW 0.15 L/S 0.10 L/S 0.25 L/S
DHW035510 - 44.1 KW 0.21 L/S 0.14 L/S 0.35 L/S
DHW045510 - 56.7 KW 0.27 L/S 0.18 L/S 0.45 L/S
DHW055510 - 69.3 KW 0.33 L/S 0.22 L/S 0.55 L/S
DHW060510 - 75.6 KW 0.36 L/S 0.24 L/S 0.60 L/S
DHW065510 - 81.9 KW 0.39 L/S 0.26 L/S 0.65 L/S
DHW075510 - 94.5 KW 0.45 L/S 0.30 L/S 0.75 L/S
DHW085510 - 107 KW 0.51 L/S 0.34 L/S 0.85 L/S
DHW100510 - 123.9 KW 0.59 L/S 0.39 L/S 0.98 L/S
DHW120510 - 149.1 KW 0.71 L/S 0.47 L/S 1.18 L/S
DHW150510 - 186.9 KW 0.90 L/S 0.60 L/S 1.50 L/S
DHW180510 - 224.7 KW 1.08 L/S 0.72 L/S 1.80 L/S
DHW210510 - 262.5 KW 1.26 L/S 0.84 L/S 2.10 L/S
DHW2401410 - 300.3 KW 1.45 L/S 0.96 L/S 2.36 L/S
DHW2701410 - 338.1 KW 1.62 L/S 1.08 L/S 2.70 L/S
DHW3001410 - 375.9 KW 1.81 L/S 1.20 L/S 3.01 L/S
DHW3301410 - 413.7 KW 1.97 L/S 1.31 L/S 3.28 L/S
DHW3501410 - 438.9 KW 2.09 L/S 1.39 L/S 3.48 L/S
DHW3801410 - 474.6 KW 2.28 L/S 1.52 L/S 3.80 L/S
DHW4101410 - 512.4 KW 2.47 L/S 1.64 L/S 4.11 L/S
DHW4401410 - 550.2 KW 2.65 L/S 1.77 L/S 4.42 L/S
DHW4701410 - 588.0 KW 2.83 L/S 1.88 L/S 4.71 L/S
DHW5001410 - 625.8 KW 3.01 L/S 2.00 L/S 5.01 L/S
DHW5301410 - 663.6 KW 3.19 L/S 2.12 L/S 5.31 L/S
DHW5601410 - 701.4 KW 3.38 L/S 2.25 L/S 5.63 L/S
DHW6001410 - 751.8 KW 3.60 L/S 2.40 L/S 6.00 L/S
DHW6301410 - 789.6 KW 3.80 L/S 2.53 L/S 6.33 L/S
DHW6601410 - 827.4 KW 3.98 L/S 2.65 L/S 6.63 L/S
DHW7001410 - 877.8 KW 4.23 L/S 2.84 L/S 7.07 L/S
Domestic Hot Water (DHW) Plate Heat Exchangers can be supplied as a Plate / Gasket unit or supplied as a Brazed Plate unit LINK