Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
Heating Swimming Pools With Plate Heat Exchanger
1. Swimming Pool to be heated
To start, we need to know the volume of the pool water, the required pool temperature and then the acceptable heat-up time of the pool from cold to start calculating the most suitable PHE.
2. System Control Panel The control panel will sense the secondary flow temperature leaving the plate heat exchanger and send a signal to the modulating 3 or 4 port valve to close or open depending on demand.
3. Primary 3 or 4 port valve
This valve will open or close as demand (temperature) increases or decreases on the secondary flow out of the PHE.
4. Primary Heating Pump
This pump will circulate water at the correct design flow rate
5. Secondary Outlet Temperature Sensor
This will sense the flow out of the PHE to the pool and tell the control panel to open or close the 3 or 4 port valve allowing more or less hot water through on the Primary side of the PHE
6. Secondary Chlorination / Dosing System.
Pool chlorination is required to dose the system with chemicals that will kill bacteria.
7. Secondary Filter Pump
The filter pump provides the correct flow rate through the pool filter.
8. Secondary Pool Filter
The pool filter system cleans the pool water.