Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers
AEL have been designing Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers for many industrial and commercial applications for over 20 years. AEL Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers are manufactured in Europe and are promptly built and tested in our UK factory from stock. AEL Plate Heat Exchangers are used to either heat up or cool down a fluid. When heating up a fluid such as water the Primary heat source from a boiler or waste water heat recovery system will transfer the heat energy over from the Primary side to the cold Secondary side that requires heating making sure that the two circuits are kept separate. Plate heat exchangers are often used as system breaks in HVAC circuits in old systems offering protection to the boiler or fitted into new systems that prolong the life of a boiler by many years. Plate heat exchangers tend to be compact in size and fit nicely between boilers and other equipment such as pump sets and pressurisation units. The main advantages of using an AEL plate heat exchanger are:
- Compact design
- High thermal efficiency
- Easy to service
- The duty / performance can be altered by decreasing or increasing the number of plates required
- Suitable for Commercial and Industrial applications
- Suitable for use with water, steam and many other mediums
- No storage and instantaneous heat up which eliminates the environment that breeds legionella bacteria
Typical Commercial and Industrial applications AEL plate heat exchangers have been used:
- Boiler circuit system breaks
- Swimming pool system break from Central Heating circuit
- Renewable energy installations such as Heat pumps
- Food & Dairy process for milk pasteurising, milk cooling and general hygienic cleaning purposes
- Heating and cooling of liquids in industrial process plants
- Pharmaceutical Industry providing hygienic water heating and cooling
- Heating and cooling of chemicals
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
- Marine Environment for engine cooling, oil cooling, intercoolers and general cleaning purposes
- Brewing process plant for cooling and conditioning fluids