Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
Difference between Single and Two Pipe Central Heating System
Single Pipe Central Heating System A single pipe central heating system operates through a main single feed hot water supply pipe which comes from the boiler supplying hot water to each radiator.
Each radiator has a smaller hot water supply pipe branched off the main feed pipe to supply the radiator, the water passes through the radiator coming out the other side a little cooler and then mixed back in with the hot water in the main single feed hot water supply pipe.
The single pipe system is a very inefficient system and must be balanced properly at the end of the installation because if it is not balanced / commissioned correctly the first radiator will be very hot, while the last radiator in the system will be much colder having been supplied with a great deal of mixed cooler water from the other radiators. Two Pipe Central Heating System With a two pipe central heating system you will have two separate pipes going to each radiator, one feeding the radiator (flow), and one taking the water away from the radiator back to the boiler (return).
The two pipe system is much more efficient than the single pipe system this system but still needs to be balanced properly at the end of the installation.