Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
ARE CAST RADIATORS EFFICIENT AND ECO FRIENDLY
Even though Cast Iron Radiators take a little longer to heat up than the basic white steel panel radiators they are a far more efficient way of maintaining heat in a room through natural convection (see diagram below).
Not only do Cast Iron Radiators look better but they also retain and transfer their heat for longer into the room therefore not requiring the boiler to keep firing regularly as long as the temperature in the room is being maintained.
The less time the boiler is firing is great for keeping the cost of heating your room to a minimum and the energy and emissions from your boiler saved that would usually be sent into the atmosphere is great for the environment.
The heat transfer of Cast Iron Radiators is such that the amount of heat that is transmitted into a room is always a surprise and delivered with style.
HOW DOES A CAST IRON RADIATOR WORK
Cast Iron Radiators work on the same principle as a Steel or an Aluminium radiator.
The radiator casting is made in such a way that it allows hot water from the central heating boiler to enter the radiator to flow up, down, across and out the other side back to the boiler.
While it is flowing through the radiator the Cast Iron will heat up which in turn will heat up the surrounding air which heats the room.
The heating up process of a cast iron radiator produces Radiant heat and Convective heat.
WHAT IS CONVECTIVE HEAT
Convective heat transfer, is the transfer of heat from one place to another by the movement of fluids or gas.
WHAT IS RADIANT HEAT
Radiant heat is most commonly experienced through direct sunshine.
Radiant heat transfer is the delivery of heat directly from a hot surface to a person and objects in a room via infrared radiation. Radiant heat is the direct heat that you feel when stood near a hot stovetop element or radiator from across the room.