Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
Are Cast Iron Radiators Worth Money
Old cast iron radiators still do have a certain charm associated to them and can have a re sale value depending on whether you are buying or selling.
If you are selling old used Cast Iron Radiators it is best to sell them as seen rather than providing any guarantee of service life. It is impossible to know how old a used Cast Iron radiator is and how much more service they could possibly give before joints and the casting will start to fail.
Parts for very old Cast Iron Radiators such as joining gaskets and fittings will not be available and even if the gaskets and fittings were available the sections may not be able to be parted to effect a repair because they have rusted together over time and will not budge.
If you are buying a used cast iron radiator it is advisable to get a written guarantee for at least three years covering the repair of all the joints and replacement sections should a leak occur plus replacement of the whole radiator should the radiator purchased not be able to be repaired.
Even though a Cast Iron Radiator may look perfect externally because of sand blasting and an excellent painted finish the damage will always occur from the inside usually because of poor storage.
When any radiator is removed from a sealed heating system the inside of the radiator will rust very quickly and start to corrode through oxidation, this occurs when fresh air circulates around the inside of the radiator rather than central heating water.
For more information please call 01928 579068 or visit our site for the full range of Cast Iron Radiators we have available