Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
Cast Iron Radiators - FAQ
Q What are the advantages of using Cast Iron radiators?
A The advantage of Cast Iron radiators is that they retain their heat and therefore emit heat for longer periods into your room unlike a modern pressed steel radiator, Cast Iron radiators are also aesthetically more pleasing to look at than a steel panel radiator.
Q I have standard pressed steel radiators, can I replace them with Cast Iron using the existing pipe work?
A Yes, Cast Iron radiators can be fitted into the same pipework as the existing plain pressed steel radiators.
Q Do I need to change my boiler if I install Cast Iron radiators?
A No, if you are simply converting your existing radiators to cast iron radiators and your boiler is in good working order your boiler will not require changing.
Q How do I make sure each radiator is the correct heat output for my room?
A AEL have an easy to use heat loss calculator on the website www.aelheating.com which will help you work out the btu’s or Watts for each room..
Q I would like my plumber to sort this out for me, can he ring AEL on my behalf?
A Yes, this is part of the service AEL provide.
Q Can I fit thermostatic valves to my cast iron radiators?
A Yes, AEL have a large selection of traditional and contemporary valves to suit your radiator.
Q Do I need to reinforce the floor to accommodate the radiators?
A No, they will safely sit on standard floorboards without a problem.
Q Will they need to be secured to the wall?
A Yes, all floor mounted radiators should be secured to the wall in case they get pulled over, AEL supply wall ties with all our radiators.
Q What guarantee do I receive with the radiators?
A AEL give a 5-year warranty on all our radiators.
Q After I place the order how long does it take to deliver my radiators?
A AEL will confirm and stick to a mutually convenient delivery date when the order is
placed, AEL usually deliver in 5 working days.
Q How will my radiators arrive?
A AEL arrange the delivery using couriers that specialise in heavy goods. Your radiators will be secured to a pallet and will be kerbside delivered, meaning that the driver will deliver the pallet to ground level as close to your property as possible.