Whether you require Tips and Advice about radiators, plate heat exchangers or heating systems in general AEL have the technical expertise to provide guidance on your system design and which products are best suited to your application.
Should you not find the answer to your problem in our “Tips and Advice” articles and require any help feel free to contact our technical sales office.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
- AEL will contact you during the next working day to discuss a convenient delivery date of your order.
- Orders delivered by road transport are delivered to the nearest convenient hard standing position and the consignee is responsible for offloading.
- Standard delivery is between 9am and 5pm on weekdays only, prices for timed deliveries and weekend deliveries can be provided by our sales office upon request.
- Please note that missed deliveries can be rescheduled and are chargeable.
- We're open 9am to 5pm weekdays with Saturday collections possible by prior arrangement.
- Please note that Cast Iron Radiators are heavy so we advise that you double check the weight of your order and the maximum weight your vehicle can carry as AEL can accept no responsibility for the suitability of your vehicle.
BUYING A REFURBISHED CAST IRON RADIATOR
Old original cast iron radiators conjure images of a nostalgic romantic era which is understandable and probably the main reason for the purchase in the first place but they become available for a variety of reasons and are often salvaged from scrap yards, schools, churches, hospitals etc so a practical approach is required to make an informed choice.
It is important that when a cast iron radiator is salvaged it is cleaned and all the old paint is removed, once this is done every section must be split and a new gasket fitted at the top and bottom of each section, only then can it be re painted and pressure tested.
If the salvaged radiator sections are not fitted with new gaskets that are fit for purpose problems will occur a few months later with gaskets failing or even pin holes in the cast iron appearing due to the wall thickness having corroded internally usually because the radiators were stored outdoors until cleaned.
The accessories for the radiators are also a problem as the original nipples, gaskets and fittings will not be available so the nearest fit would need to be used to sell them.
BUYING A NEW CE APPROVED CAST IRON RADIATOR
New cast iron radiators that are manufactured in Europe are every bit as high in quality as the refurbished radiators were when they were first manufactured, you just have to find the right style you are looking for. Not only are the new cast iron radiators exact replicas of the salvaged radiators they come with the added value of having a choice of heights and depths in the same style so you can vary lengths and heights to suit each room.
Being CE approved the outputs shown on each product are guaranteed so you know you will be providing the heat required or your room as efficiently as possible.
All the section joining nipples and gaskets are brand new and all accessories are available should you decide later to add sections or split one radiator to make two, the radiators are stored indoors in a primer finish ready for painting.